The Hot List by bareMinerals is a set that showcases all the trending shades in the form of eyeshadows and face products. I recently bought this 5 piece kit from the bareMinerals store when I was in Reno. This was a limited edition kit and I actually got it on sale and can’t seem to find it online. I will provide dupes or similar shades for the things I can’t find.
The set comes with an eyeshadow base, an eyeshadow duo, a bronzer, a luminizer, and a lipstick. Let’s jump right in!
1. 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Barely Nude – If you have been keeping up with my latest posts, you’ll know that I am absolutely in love with this product in Divine Wine. Barely Nude reminds me a lot of MAC’s Painterly Paint Pot and while I do like MAC’s Paint Pots, I really do prefer the application and wear of the bareMinerals Cream Eyeshadows. The BB cream shadows stay all day and don’t crease on me and they are a lot smoother and creamier to apply.
2. READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Hot Spot – This eyeshadow duo played a large role in why I decided to buy this kit because I like bareMineral’s loose shadows and I’ve always been interested in trying their READY line. The colors in the duo are Libation (sugared cinnamon) and Fuze (cinder smoke). To me, Libation is a beige-taupe with a champagne sheen to it. It is very reflective and in the pan, it seems to have a lot of glitter, but once you apply it, it’s more of a shimmer/sheen rather than straight glitter. Fuze is a matte taupe color and it really goes well with Libation as a crease and soft liner shade. I can also get away using Fuze to fill in my eyebrows. Both shadows were really creamy and pigmented. Since I can’t find this duo online, a good dupe for Libation would be Sin by Urban Decay or the “Eyelid” color in the Walking on Eggshells trio by Wet n’ Wild. A good dupe for Fuze would be MAC’s Concrete.
3. A Little Sun Matte All-Over Face Color – I was a little scared to try this product just because it looked very orange in the packaging. The swatch looks very orange and almost looks like a coral, peach blush. I decided to use a very large fluffy powder to brush to apply this all over my face and I have to say, I was quite impressed. It does add a natural glow to the face but because it’s matte, it doesn’t accentuate your pores and it looks like you just spent all day outside.
4. READY Luminizer in The Most Wanted – I was very interested in trying this Luminzer just because it’s described as a “mauve glow” and I don’t have anything like it in my collection. Most of my luminizers or highlighters tend to be more of a champagne or pink color. You can’t really see the color in the swatch, but it did give a subtle sheen to my complexion. Like the eyeshadow duo, this luminizer was very creamy and smooth (and had no glitter.)
5. Triple Take Color, Gloss & Stain in Berry Mauve – I’ve never seen this product in stores, but on the package, it says it is a new product so maybe it’ll be coming out soon. This lipstick was a lot more pigmented than I had anticipated. I was expecting something on the line of Revlon’s Lip Butters – something sheer and moisturizing. The first application of this lipstick was somewhat opaque. It was one of those “your lips but better shades” and if you wanted it to be more of a berry color, you could definitely build it up to be more opaque. It went on my lips very smoothly and it was very moisturizing. The texture, pigmentation, and finish reminded me a lot of the Maybelline Color Whispers. I applied this in the morning and drank my daily English Breakfast tea and afterwards, there was still a slight tint to my lips. I think this shade will be perfect for the fall.
From Left to Right: Barely Nude, Libation, and Fuze
From Right to Left: The Most Wanted, A Little Sun Matte, Berry Mauve
I’ve been using bareMinerals since High School and I’ve gotta say, they never really disappoint me. This set was originally $50, but I got it on sale for $30. All the colors in this set are very neutral and can be used on a day to day basis so I would say that this kit is WORTH THE HYPE. Although this set is not available online anymore, I still recommend looking into bareMineral products because they are not as expensive as a lot of other brands, but they are still very high quality. If you are interested in trying a variety of their products, I would check out their gift sets because they are usually a pretty good deal and you get to try an array of products.
What are your thoughts on this set? Have you tried it? Let me know!