As of late, I’ve been loving a half-up, half-down situation. I’m constantly torn between wearing my hair down and throwing my hair in a ponytail or messy bun. I love wearing my hair down, but I have to read a lot of documents at work and hate having hair in my face – thus the creation of this half-up, half-down hairstyle that combines the best of both worlds.
What you will need:
Let’s get started:
- Since I had just washed my hair, I sprayed some dry shampoo to my roots to add texture and grit.
- Outline the hairline to visualize how much hair you will be adding to each strand of the braid. Keep in mind that you want these lines to be as straight as possible.
- Grab a small piece of hair from the top of the head and split into 3 equal strands.
- To start the dutch braid, cross the left strand under the middle strand.
- Next, cross the right strand under the middle strand.
- Add hair to the left and right strands and continue braiding until you reach the back of the head. (Remember to always go under the middle strand.) Secure the braid with an elastic and start creating a messy bun.
- Secure the bun with some bobby pins.
- Loosely curl the rest of the hair. To get a messy/beachy wave, alternate the direction of each curl.
- Let the hair cool and run your fingers through the curls.
- Add some pomade and a texturizing spray and scrunch it through the hair to add texture and volume.
This hairstyle is super easy and it only takes me about 5 minutes to do. This hairstyle is girly, but a little bit edgy, and most importantly, keeps my hair out of my face!