I know I’m late so let’s jump right in. Since Birchbox has been on a roll lately, let’s start with that!
1. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – I was so excited to try this product because I have tried other Amika products and I have never had a bad experience using them. This dry shampoo was no different. It smells great and most importantly, it works! A lot of dry shampoos weigh my hair down, but this one adds a little volume and shine and it doesn’t leave a white cast in my hair.(Sample Size: $6.76, Full Size: $9)
2. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive – This product was just okay for me. It smelled great and it did a pretty good at drawing out impurities. This was a really gentle mask so I didn’t feel like my skin was very refreshed after using it. I also hate the packaging. This mask has a liquid consistency so it came out like water and it ended up being really messy to use. The full size packaging is in jar, so I think that would be a lot easier to use and apply. (Sample Size: $5.07, Full Size: $39)
3. Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Wash – I think the name says it all. It definitely smells like a spa and is very clean and fresh. I don’t think I will be purchasing the full size because it’s a body wash and it’s pretty pricey for what it is. I have also seen this brand at some of the hotels I have stayed at and it’s just a standard body wash. It does the job, but it doesn’t have any added benefits. (Sample Size: $2.53, Full Size: $15)
4. theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer – This is the newest highlighter from theBalm and it’s a pink-champagne highlighter. I was really excited to used this product because I have the full size of theBalm’s Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter and I absolutely love it. The Cindy-Lou Manizer is very soft and pigmented and I think it would look amazing for people with paler skin-tones. I have an olive skin tone, so the pink doesn’t really flatter my complexion. I can see myself using this as an eyeshadow as opposed to as a highlighter. Overall, I’m very pleased with this product. (Sample Size: $1.61, Full Size: $24)
5. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream – This cream is very moisturizing and very thick. I love this cream as a night cream because it is getting colder and dryer in California and I need a good night cream to replenish the moisture in my face. When I use this cream at night, my skin is super soft and plump in the morning. It’s on the heavy side, so if you have oily skin, I would not recommend it, but if you have dry skin, it really does moisturize and bring moisture back into your skin. (Sample Size: $4.80, Full Size: $48)
6. Justin’s Chocolate Almond Butter – This stuff is heaven on earth. I love that it comes in a travel pack and honestly, I could eat this by itself. I have been really into making chocolate banana smoothies after my workouts and almond butter is one of the ingredients I use, so this chocolate almond butter is great for the smoothies I make. Go getchu some! (Sample Size: $1.20, Full Size: $11.99)
Total Value: $21.97
I am so happy with this month’s Birchbox. There was nothing I disliked and I used all the products in my box. I think Birchbox is really stepping up its game and I could not be happier.
Birchbox had another amazing month, so let’s see if IPSY can compete.
1. Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive – I was really excited to try out this product because it looked like Bad to the Bronze by Maybelline, but this cream shadow really disappointed me. It has chunks of glitter in it and it is not as pigmented as I would like it to be. It also doesn’t set, so when you try to apply a powder over it, it kind of just goes all over the place and you end up with glitter everywhere. It also creases like crazy, so I would skip on this cream shadow and go for the Maybelline ones. (Full Size: $14)
2. Glamglow Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment – I am a sucker for Glamglow masks. This mask was very interesting because it looks like a mud mask and it dries like a mud mask, but when you wash it off, it turns into an oil and it’s actually very moisturizing. The mask gives a really deep cleanse but doesn’t dry out your skin. The one thing that I don’t like about this mask is the smell – it has a very strong fruit smell and it’s not my jam. The full size is very pricey, but a little bit goes a long way and sometimes you just gotta treat yo self. (Sample size: $20.29, Full Size: $69)
3. Nicole by OPI in Guys & Galaxies – I absolutely love this nail polish. I had glitter nails last year for New Years and I wanted to do a glitter accent nail this year and this polish is perfect. The wand actually picks up a lot of glitter and it goes very smoothly onto my nails – I was able to get a smooth layer of glitter. (Full Size: $5.99)
4. Elizabeth Mott You’re So Fine Liquid Eyeliner – I wasn’t too excited about this eyeliner because it is a black eyeliner with specks of glitter in it. I think this eyeliner would be good for special events because it adds a little glitz and glam to your eye make-up and it is completely smudge proof. (Full Size: $17.99)
5. Be Delectable Hand Cream in Coconut & Cream – This was my least favorite product in this month’s IPSY bag because I hate coconuts and I hate the scent of this item. It has a really fake coconut scent and I was not a fan. I could not get over the scent of this hand cream because it was so strong so I honestly don’t know if this is a good hand cream or not, I just know that I hate the smell. (Sample Size: $5, Full Size: $10)
Total Value: $63.27
I was not very impressed with this month’s IPSY box. I really like the Glamglow mask and nail polish, but the majority of the samples, I was not really into.
So the winner for this moth is:
I didn’t expect the difference in total value to be so big because I thought Birchbox gave pretty decent samples this month. To be completely honest, I was more impressed with the products from Birchbox. I think IPSY had a higher total value because they had more full size products. Although I do appreciate full size products, I wish that the products would have been better and if I’m not going to use a product, it doesn’t matter if it’s full-size or a sample size.
What did you think of this month’s IPSY vs Birchbox? Let me know!