Last week, my friend and I got to talking about girls who always look done up – no matter what the occasion. The main focus of our conversation was not about the time spent to achieve said flawless look, but rather, what it would be like once all that makeup came off. While it’s great to pretend to be on the same level as Beyoncé, let’s cut the crap, we did not wake up like this.
At some point in the day, you have to take off your makeup. That’s just good hygiene. The core problem with looking done up all the time is that nobody really knows what you look like under all that makeup, so what happens when someone sees you bare faced? Do they stand back, and say, “WOAH!” Maybe they don’t say that to your face, but they are
probably definitely thinking it.
My solution to this problem is that on an everyday basis, stick with the basics. You just have to look presentable. Then, for the really special occasions, put a little more effort in, heck, go for a bold lip if you want. So, today, I’m just going to show you how I do my everyday makeup. This makeup look is perfect for work and school and it can be done in 5 minutes!
- A salmon-colored concealer
- A skin-tone colored concealer
- Beauty Blender
- Eyebrow pencil
- Cream blush (in Lillium)
- Setting powder
- Foundation powder
- Highlighting powder (in Radiant Light)
- Lipstick (in Liar)
- After you wash your face, apply your daily moisturizer.
- Instead of applying foundation, I go straight for concealer. Start with the dark circles and blend it out with a Beauty Blender.
- If you have any blemishes or dark spots, just pat your concealer onto the problem areas and blend out with a Beauty Blender
- While the liquid products set, fill in your brows. Comb them first with a spooley brush and then fill in the base of the brow and then comb upwards to blend the color to the rest of the brows. I find that this gives me a very natural look and it’s a lot faster than having to “draw” on my brows.
- Using your fingers, dab your index and middle finger into a cream blush and dab and blend it into the apples of your cheeks and blend all the way up to your temples.
- To make the concealer last all day, use a setting powder under the eyes as well as a powder foundation to set the whole face.
- To give some dimension to the face, use a bronzer and a light hand to achieve a natural contour.
- Curl and apply your favorite mascara. If you have a problem with getting your lashes to stay curled all day, go for a waterproof mascara.
- Apply a bronze-y highlight powder to the tops of your cheek bones and down the bridge of your nose to give a dewy and healthy glow.
- Apply your favorite lipstick and use your finger to dab it into your lips. This will give you a more natural look.
I can normally do all these steps in about five minutes. I like to sleep, so I’m always hustling to get out the door. How long does it take to do your everyday makeup? Let me know!
*The giveaway winner has already been contacted, so please check your emails. If I do not hear back from the winner within a week, I will choose another winner. If you didn’t win this time, don’t worry! There will be many more giveaways to come! I will post the winner on the original post as well as on my Facebook page once I hear back from them.