I can’t say with too much confidence that Winter has come to Houston. It is the beginning of December and I am still rocking the shorts and t-shirt look. My chunky sweaters and winter coats are getting a little jealous. Thankfully, it is cooling down, so it’s time to bring out the scarves, booties, and vampy lips.
1. Make Up Forever Face & Body – This tinted moisturizer/foundation is the perfect base for a luminous and glowy face. It is extremely lightweight and sinks into your skin like a dream. It has VERY light coverage, so if you have acne or blemishes, this will even out your skin, but you will probably want to put concealer on after. To make it last all day, I apply it with a Beauty Blender and then top it off with a little bit of powder.
2. Nars Multiple in G-Spot – This rose colored creme blush and lip product has been the only blush I’ve used this whole month. It lasts all day and it gives the perfect “I’ve been outside” flush. The color is perfect for fall and winter because it is a muted rose color but doesn’t leave the cheeks look flat – it gives a very glowy and healthy look to your cheeks.
3. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb – This lipstick has been my go-to lipstick because it lasts all day without feathering and it’s a classic red shade. Since I keep my face makeup to a minimum, I like to amp up my look with some red lipstick. It’s simple, quick, and looks like you put effort. To make this lipstick last all day, I layer it on top of Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in 69 and then top it off with some setting powder. The setting powder is what makes it not transfer and last all day. If you have problems finding the perfect red lipstick, I would definitely recommend you try this one because it is a neutral shade of red and will complement all skin tones.
4. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Oil Treatment – At first I hated this product because I would apply it to damp or dry hair to make my hair less frizzy and more sleek looking. Not only did I not see a difference, but it made my hair extremely oily. It wasn’t until I realized you can use this product in the shower as a deep conditioning treatment did I fall in love with it. Since my ends are very dry, I normally coat them with conditioner before I shampoo my scalp. Now, I use this oil treatment instead the conditioner. Since it is an oil, it won’t wash off my ends as easily as the conditioner; leaving them healthier and less frizzy.
5. Anorak Jackets – Since it’s not cold enough yet for a full on winter coat, an anorak jacket is perfect for those days when it’s a little chilly. Since these jackets tend to be a little loose fitting, if it is cold, you can definitely layer underneath and be quite cozy, or if it is less chilly, you can wear a t-shirt and roll up the sleeves.
6. A Snood – These scarves were made for lazy people like me. I hate having to arrange an open-ended scarf because I am not a scarf whisperer and I can never get it to look right. Infinity scarves are better because you just twist them a couple times over your neck and your good to go. A snood, however, only takes one swift movement of putting it over your head and onto your neck. There’s no fussing with it, it just sits on your neck however it wants to – no adjustments needed.
7. Superga Sneakers – These sneakers are so comfortable and they go with everything! They are on the chunkier side compared to Converse or Keds, but I think their chunkiness brings some texture and uniqueness to an outfit. It does take some time to break these sneakers in, but once they are worn in, you won’t want to take them off.
8. Black Booties – This is a fall essential for me. Black booties are so versatile as you can dress them up with a dress or a skirt or you can wear them on a day-to-day basis with some jeans. If you get one with a low, chunky heel, they will be comfortable while giving you a little bit of height. I particularly like these booties for their silver accent on the tip of the boot – it puts a modern twist on a classic black bootie.
9.Revenge – This TV show is so full of twists and turns, I am always on the edge of my seat dying to know what’s going to happen. There is never a dull moment during this show. If you haven’t seen an episode, I highly recommend watching the pilot episode.
That’s it for my November Favorites! What were some of the things you guys were loving this month? Leave it in a comment down below!