I received my IPSY bag Sunday and it was the perfect ending to a very eventful weekend. Both IPSY and Birchbox were really good, but one was exceptional! Keep reading to find out which subscription service won this month.
Since I started with Birchbox last time, let’s start with IPSY’s bag.
1. em by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery – This was a full size sample and probably the thing I was most excited to see and try in my IPSY bag. It is a volumizing mascara and has a very traditional wand. After trying on the mascara, I really like that it volumized my lashes but they looked very natural. This mascara does not hold my curls very well, but that’s because my eyelashes go straight out. Normally, I will use a waterproof mascara to hold my curl and then add this mascara for some added volume. (Full size: $20)
2. Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shamless – This was another full size product and it is the ever so popular jumbo lip sticks. The color is a medium pink/burgundy color with some silver sparkles. The sparkles are not chunky but they do give your lips a little bit of shimmer. This lip crayon would be great for every day wear or if you are in a rush and need something for your lips. It’s very smooth and moisturizing and can be built up to be opaque. (Full size: $14)
3. Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Champagne – Another full size! This is a beautiful rose gold nail polish. Unfortunately, it kind of matches my skin color. It contains small multi-colored sparkles and goes on very sheer – you need at least two coats. The polish can get clumpy on your nails and I noticed that when you put it one, it may look smooth, but it dries unevenly. (Full size: $13)
4. Pixi Bronzer in Summertime – This was not a full size, but was a very decent sized sample. This bronzer is a deep bronze and it does have a slight shimmer, but when applied to the skin, the shimmer doesn’t show up and can definitely pass as a contour bronzer. The bronzer is very finely milled, smooth, and pigmented. (Sample size: $5.50, Full size: $18)
5. Starlooks Gem Pencil in Topaz – This is a full size metallic silver/gunmetal eyeliner pencil. It goes on smoothly, but you definitely have to go over the line multiple times to get a truly opaque color. I don’t think I would wear this eyeliner on a daily basis, but it could come in handy for doing makeup for a themed party. (Full size: $14)
6. Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment – This masque is a 10-minute treatment that is supposed to tighten your skin and minimize your pores. It is also supposed to extract impurities without stripping away moisture from your skin. I have not tried out this product, but I have heard some rave reviews about it. (Sample size: $20.70, Full size: $69)
Total Value: $87.20
IPSY had a great month! Four out of the six products were full size and all but one of the products, I can use on a daily basis. Can Birchbox beat IPSY with their November box?
1. Bare Love Body Luxury Body Fuel – This firm oil hydrates and improves skin’s vitality with its patented OlioLove Technology. You are supposed to use this oil right after showering so that your skin can absorb as much moisture as it can. You don’t have to put it all over your body – you can just focus on any dry patches. At first, I thought it was just expensive Vaseline, but this oil sinks into the skin very quickly and I have noticed that dry areas are immediately moisturized after using this oil. (Sample size: $9.33, Full size: $28)
2. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product – I have the full size already and I love it! I spray this into damp hair and it will detangle and condition my hair. This product claims to give your hair 10 different benefits: eliminates frizz, conditioning, detangling, restores shine, etc. This spray also acts as a heat protectant, so if you are lazy when it comes to that, this is an all-in-one product. (Sample size: $10, Full size: $20)
3. LA Fresh Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover – These biodegradable, chemical-free pads remove all traces of polish while fortifying nails. They have a tuscan orange scent, so if you get headaches from acetone, I would definitely recommend trying these nail polish remover pads. It does take some work to get your nail polish off with these pads. I also wish the pads were larger – it took two pads to take off all the nail polish on my feet. (Sample size: $1, Full size (contains 20 pads): $10)
4. Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Quartz – I was very excited to receive a Laura Mercier lip gloss, but I really do not like the color. It is a brown/copper color with red shimmer. On my lips, the gloss looks brown and makes my lips look flat and dead. I liked the smooth texture and subtle vanilla scent. (Sample size: $15, Full size: 24)
5. Fatty Sundays Chocolate Covered Pretzel – No explanation necessary. Chocolate + Pretzels = DELICIOUS (Sample size: $1.39, Full size (Pack of 5): $6.95)
Total Value: $36.72
From IPSY, I was really excited about all the full-size products and the fact that I can use most of what they sent me. From Birchbox, I really liked the body oil and hair treatment.
So, the winner this month is……
For the $10 service, I received FOUR full-size products! Birchbox is definitely improving because I did not receive any foil packets or perfume samples, so Birchbox, keep it up!
That’s all for this month. If you want to subscribe to any of these services, I will leave links down below. If there are any subscription services you think I should sign up for, leave it in the comment section. What did you guys get in your IPSY or Birchbox? Let me know!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF ME?