I always love getting mail, especially if I don’t know what’s going to be inside. That’s why I have subscribed to both Birchbox and IPSY. Every month, I don’t just get one, but two surprises in my mailbox full of beauty samples. What else could a girl want?!
First up: BIRCHBOX
This month was a very good month for Birchbox. First off, everything was makeup or skincare related (NO PERFUME SAMPLES)!!!
1. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser – This was the first thing that caught my eye because it came in a beautiful tiffany blue box. Don’t get your hopes up, it’s not jewelry. Inside is a two-step purifying and exfoliating product. To use it, you first massage the cream into your face and then use the provided muslin cloth to polish off the cream. This product contains rosemary, chamomile, cocoa butter, and eucalyptus essential oil, so it seems to be a calming and moisturizing cleanser. (Full size: $21.50)
2. Benefit Fake Up – I was very excited to receive this product. It is an undereye concealer stick that has a ring of moisturizer surrounding the concealer. The sample looks like a smaller version of the full size tube. Unfortunately, the sample is tiny (about half an inch of concealer), but it will definitely last a couple of uses. (Full size: $24)
3. POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer – This is a tube of sheer gloss that plumps and hydrates your lips. Birchbox describes the applicator as paddle-style, which is a silicone paddle brush (it has no bristles). I received a full size in the color Flaming Rose, which is a medium pink with a lot of shimmer. It also has mint flavor and is a tad sticky. (Full Size: $14)
4. Chapstick Hydration Lock – This is just a Chapstick that is supposed to give your lips a fuller and smoother appearance. I received mine in the flavor Vanilla Créme.
Total Value: $25.42
Now on to IPSY
1. Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush – This was the first think I picked up and I was pretty satisfied. The bristles are very soft and it would be a perfect brush to highlight the brow bone. (Full Size: $2.49)
2. Sexy Hair Spray Clay – This texturizing spray is supposed to hold and texturize the style of your hair. I will definitely try this out if my hair is feeling limp and flat or if I just want more volume. (Travel Size: $8.00, Full Size: $18.95)
3. L.A. Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser -I received a pack of 10 wipes and this is supposed to gently cleanse and detoxify your skin. It can only remove light makeup, so I will use these if I’m feeling extra lazy and don’t want to wash my face after removing my make-up. I’ve used makeup removing wipes from L.A. Fresh and was not impressed, so I would not trust these wipes to get off all my makeup. I would use these wipes more as a toner. (Full Size: $9.99)
4. Zoya Nail polish in Neve – I received this full size polish in the color Neve. The color is a blue-purple with some blue sparkles. I really like Zoya polishes because they are easy to apply, opaque, and they last longer than most nail polishes. ($8)
5. Bella Terra Mineral Eyeshadow in Emotion -This eyeshadow is a dark purple with pink sparkles/shimmer. I usually stay away from mineral loose pigments because they can get quite messy and I normally do not have time to put on eyeshadow. I think this color would be a very pretty outer corner color during the holidays. (Full Size: 14.99)
Total Value: $33.81
Both subscription services had a very good month. I honestly do not think there is a clear winner because both boxes have one product that I don’t think I will get much use out of. For Birchbox, it is the lip gloss and for IPSY, it is the eyeshadow. I think Birchbox might have a slight edge, since they have Benefit’s Fake Up, the cleanser, and a lip balm. For IPSY, I will definitely use the eyeshadow brush and the nail polish.
Please like this post if you want to see more of these types of posts and comment below telling me what you got in your boxes!