I am finally settled into my house in Houston. I unpacked most of my boxes and suitcases and even did some grocery shopping with my parents. I start working tomorrow and as a “Welcome Back to Houston,” my Birchbox was waiting in the mailbox of my new house.
First off, this month’s Birchbox was mailed in a box that was black instead of the normal hot pink. I opened up the box and found out that this box was inspired by Gossip Girl!
Here’s what I got:
1. Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray – This perfume is very elegant and light floral scent. This is a perfect summer daytime perfume because it’s not too heavy.
2. Dr. Jart + Waterfuse BB Cream -I really wanted to try this product out before Birchbox gave me a sample. I do like BB creams and the light coverage they give you, but I am on the fence about this product because it is very watery and it is a little too light for my skin tone. It also take a lot of effort to blend into your skin.
3. Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Conditioner – I’ve heard great things about Ojon, but I haven’t tried this product yet. (Comment if you would like a review)
4. Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Rock Candy – My first full-size product! I got the brown color, which I was really excited about. Right out of the tube it seemed very sparkly, but once I put it on, it looked more natural. I would not wear this eyeliner on a day-to-day basis, but for a night out, I will definitely be reaching for this product.
5. Twistband Hair Tie – I got a metallic teal color and I think it’s really cute and adds a little bit of a punch to your everyday ponytail
6. Notecards – I got a blank navy blue notecard in a Birchbox pink envelope, so maybe I’ll send some snail mail this summer.
Overall, I am extremely happy with my Birchbox. I got a full size product as well as other products that I wanted to try. Happy May everyone!