My friend recently asked me what my daily makeup routine was because she didn’t know I wore makeup until she stayed with me and saw me with no makeup. I’m fortunate enough to not have acne-prone skin, but in no way have perfect skin. I have hyperpigmentation and acne scarring when I do the occasional pimple.
I am a pretty low maintenance girl when it comes to makeup – I am a firm believer of “less is more”. Although I use a lot of different products from different companies, the key to my flawless face is to blend and use only what is necessary. Let’s get started!
1. Bare Escentual’s Prime Time -Since I live in Houston and am a full time college student, I do not have time to touch up my makeup; so I need primer to make my makeup last all day
2. Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque – On the days that I do not need a lot of coverage, I can get away with just wearing Tinted Moisturizer. I particularly like this one because it has good coverage, but it still feels very light.
3. MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NW 25 – Since I wear mineral foundation, this concealer is great for under the eye because it is creamy and easy to blend.
4. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC 35 – I absolutely love this concealer because it isn’t too thick that it stands out compared to my mineral foundation. It is creamy, very easy to blend, and has great coverage.
5. Bare Escentual’s Foundation in Medium Tan – I’ve been using this mineral foundation for 5 years and it lasts forever (I use it everyday and have only gone through two packages) It doesn’t break me out and it lasts all day, even if I am running around and sweating. It also gives the perfect natural look.
6. Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer -This is good for contouring because it is matte and it doesn’t make you look orange.
7. MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul -Gives a nice flush to the skin and because it is mineralized, it doesn’t break me out in the cheek area.
8. MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot – A perfect swipe of color for the eyelids. I use my fingers and this color is easy to blend and it looks so pretty in the sun.
9. Maybelline’s Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze – This is perfect for changing a look from day to night because it will not budge from your eyelids once you put it one. It also looks like two different colors on the eyelids, so it gives a nice depth to your eyes.
10. Physicians Formula’s Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio for Brown Eyes -Really smooth and who doesn’t like buying three different eyeliners specifically to bring attention to your eyes?
11. Bare Escentual’s Buxom Lashes Mascara – I have very limp lashes and this mascara hold my curl all day. Not to mention, they give my lashes a fuller look.
12. Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie – The perfect color for my lips because it looks like my natural lip color, only slightly brighter and better. It’s also very sheer and easy to build.