Another month has passed, so it’s time for my June’s Hits and Misses.
This month was all about keeping it simple and fresh. The heat and humidity caused me to break out a little, so I kept my face makeup to a minimum.
My favorites for this month were:
1. MAC’s Painterly Paint Pot – I love this primer because it is a nude color and makes any eyeshadow pop and last all day. If I was running late for class, I could just swipe this all over my lids and look instantly more awake.
2. Revlon 12 Hour Eyeshadow Quad in Addictive – This quad made my life so easy this month. It consists of a matte off-white shade that is perfect for a highlight color under the brow or a very natural all over the lid look. Next, you have a light shimmery taupe color that I used all over my lids everyday. Then there is a darker shimmery taupe color that I used to define my crease. I used a very light hand to keep the look more natural. The fourth color is a matte dark brown. You can use this in the crease to make a more dramatic smokey eye look or keep it natural and use it as an eyeliner.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe – I love using this cream shadow as a primer. It really intensified the taupe eyeshadow and made it last all day.
4. Too Faced Eyeshadow Duo in Teddy Bear and Heaven – These two eyeshadows are perfect if you are looking to brighten up your eyes and keep it really simple. They are both matte colors, super silky, and easy to apply.
5. Revlon Cream Blush in Flushed – I love cream blushes for the summer because they look more natural. Although it was a hot pink in the packaging, it sheered out quite a bit and gave the perfect flush to my cheeks. (Review on these blushes coming soon)!
(photo from Amazon)
6. Alterna Hemp Organics Repair Treatment Conditioner – I used this conditioner all month and really noticed a difference. It has made my hair less frizzy and a lot sleeker. The Houston humidity does a number on my hair, and this helps tame the frizziness. This conditioner is very thick, so a little bit goes a long way. As another added bonus, there is no sulfate in this conditioner, so it doesn’t strip your hair of its natural oils. It’s pricey, but I found that if you order from Amazon, it is a little cheaper. (find it here)
(photo from Lush)
7. LUSH Lip Scrub in Mint Julips – I use this lip scrub every night before I go to bed and it makes my lips super soft. It also has a delicious minty flavor, so you can lick it off you lips.
(photo from Kiehl’s)
8. Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner – This toner is alcohol-free, so it won’t strip your skin of its natural oils. It is super light on the face and feels extremely refreshing. It is the perfect pick-me-up in the mornings when I have to wake up and go to class.
(photo from Kiehl’s)
1. Kiehl’s Oil-Free Cleanser – I used this cleanser during the school year and had no problems with it. I wanted to finish it before using my Kiehl’s Rare Earth Cleanser, but I found that I really didn’t like what it did to my skin. I just don’t see a big difference in my complexion, and it actually made me break out more. Also, I had to use more because it didn’t really lather much when I used it with my Clarisonic.
(photo from Ulta)
2. Sally Hansen’s Simple Spa Wax Warmer Kit – This just didn’t work. The directions stated that the wax would be heated within 25 minutes. I left the wax on the heater for a good 90 minutes and the wax was still hard. I ended up microwaving the wax and then just used the heater to keep the wax warm. Once heated, it did a pretty good job of removing hair.
That is all for this month. I cannot believe that summer is going by so quickly. Happy July!